Saturday, September 17, 2011

Our Youths,Our Future

My in-law and sister just came on a visit to nigeria after 8 years and 4 years, respectively.They are married with kids.
My in-law is worried about our young ones.He said,unlike in Germany where the young believe in hardwork & that they compete on how to get holiday jobs to earn a few bucks or euros to help themselves,the case is not so in Nigeria.He noticed that most of the conversations he listened to, those between ages 14-25 only talk about how t o get rich quick..do yahoo yahoo.some even carry guns(Higher institution students).I saw some of these things while I was in U.I especially the yahoo guys with their flashy cars and shady deals.OTHERS want to be president & legislators & steal also when they get there.They worship those who ride expensive cars & build houses,some of them with stolen money.The poor & average mean nothing to them.Our mind is corrupted.We are not getting it right.It's about hardwork & dignity,not money
I think we can help

This issue was discussed on Morning Splash,Splash FM 105.5 radio,16th August,2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment